The Mueller® Hydrant-Defender Device provides security to the hydrant nozzles at two levels. First, the 14 gauge (.075”) 304 stainless steel straps prevent unauthorized access to all but the most determined individuals. Second, unlike most other security devices, evidence of tampering will be clearly visible. In the event of an emergency, fire personnel can quickly and easily open the lock and remove the Hydrant-Defender straps in seconds. The stainless steel barrel lock includes a key uniquely coded for the purchaser and strictly controlled by the manufacturer. When the device is securely locked, the hydrant nozzles and the operating nut can only be accessed by completely cutting through the heavy straps or barrel lock.
Features & Benefits
- Very economical and simple security device
- Quick and easy installation
- Tampering or damage is clearly evident
- Can be factory installed on the Mueller Super Centurion® hydrant or ordered separately
- Adjustable straps to accommodate variations in hydrant dimensions
- Models available to fit virtually any make of 3-way hydrant